Service Level Agreement
Alterascape LLC ("Alterascape") is committed to providing the highest quality data center services to its customers. The following guarantees are available to eligible Data Center customers ("Customers") that are receiving Colocation, Dedicated
or VM services within the physical confines of Alterascape's Data Center pursuant to an agreement with Alterascape. The following guarantees are only applicable to those services originating within the Data Center and do not apply
to any additional or external services that Customers may receive.
Maximum service unavailability due to unscheduled downtime is 5 minutes per month. In any calendar month, if there is a period of Unavailability of 5 minutes or greater due to unscheduled downtime, the Customer will receive Service Credit
based on the following schedule. Customer may obtain no more than one (1) month Service Credit for any given month and in no event shall the total amount credited to customer exceed the total fee paid by customer for the affected services
- "Unavailability" for purposes of the Availability Guarantees of Section 1 shall not include (and for which no Service Credit shall be granted) any period of unavailability due to Planned Maintenance, Special Maintenance or any of the following:
- Acts or Omissions of Customer or Customer's authorized users, including, without limitation, violations of the applicable AUP (Acceptable Use Policy);
- Failure of Customer or third party software.
- DNS (Domain Name Server) propagation or DNS issues beyond the reasonable control of Alterascape;
- Customer added equipment or systems such as firewalls and filters.
- General Internet outage that affects more than one major telecommunications carrier or ISP and is beyond Alterascape's control; and
- Malicious behavior such as DOS (denial of service) attacks, viruses, sabotage, hacking, or other attack.
- "Planned Maintenance" shall mean planned maintenance that shall occur weekly, on Wednesday, between midnight and 3 a.m., Eastern Time ("Maintenance Window"). Planned maintenance shall not result in greater than 10 minutes of unavailability to Customer in any given month. Alterascape may change or add Maintenance Windows upon email notice to Customer.
- "Special Maintenance" shall mean specially scheduled maintenance period for the purpose of performing additional testing or maintenance of Customer's service. Such Special Maintenance will be scheduled in advance, in coordination with Customer, and agreed upon in writing.
Service Claim Process.
To initiate a claim for Service Credit with respect to any Guarantee, Customer shall submit a completed Service Credit Request within seven (7) days after the end of the month during or for which the event occurred which gives rise to the claim for Service Credit. Such request Service Credit Request must include (a) the Customer's name and contact information; (b) the date, beginning and end time of the claimed Unavailability and (c) a brief description of the characteristics of the claimed outage and a description of the affected services.
Upon receiving a Service Credit Request, Alterascape will calculate the duration of any such Unavailability to Customer. If Customer's Service Credit Request is approved, Alterascape shall issue Service Credit to Customer's account, which shall appear in the month following the month in which the Service Credit Request was approved. If rejected, the notification will specify the basis for the rejection. Customer shall be notified via email upon resolution of the request. The Service Credit provided for herein is conditioned upon Customer's compliance with the terms and conditions of its service agreement with Alterascape. Service Credit shall be Customer's sole remedy for any Unavailability.
Benefits and Burdens.
The SLA shall be binding upon, and shall inure to the benefit of, the parties hereto, and their respective legal representatives, successors and assigns.
Alterations or amendments to this SLA shall be communicated to Customer via e-mail or Alterascape website posting prior to taking effect.